Fall Recruiting Events Begin Sept. 10 with Mock Career Fair
Fall recruiting season will kick off at the Penn State Smeal College of Business on Tuesday, Sept. 10, and run through most of the month, giving students of all majors several opportunities to meet with recruiters from companies looking to hire for internships, co-ops, and full-time positions.
To give students an opportunity for extra career fair preparation, the Career and Corporate Connections office is hosting a mock career fair on Sept. 10 from 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. in the Atrium. Recruiters and alumni will be on hand to review resumes and help students practice their 30-second pitch.
A full list of events is included below. All events, unless otherwise noted, will be held in the Business Building Atrium on Penn State’s University Park campus.
- Mock Career Fair, Sept. 10 from 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Meet the Firms (Accounting), Sept. 11 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Corporate Associate Career Fair, Sept. 16 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Risk Management Expo (Enterprise Risk Management and Real Estate), Sept. 16 from 6:30 – 8 p.m.
- Penn State’s Fall Career Days, Sept. 17 – 19 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. in the Bryce Jordan Center
The first day will focus on recruitment of full-time positions in non-technical fields. Day two will focus on internship and co-op recruiting. Day three will be full-time recruitment for technical positions.
- Professional Management Association Networking Expo, Sept. 17 from 6 – 8 p.m.
- Marketing Career Fair, Sept. 19 from 5 – 8 p.m.
- Supply Chain Career Fair, Sept. 24 – 26 from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Actuarial Science Career Fair, Sept. 26 from 5 – 8 p.m.
For more information on each career fair and the companies attending, visit http://ugstudents.smeal.psu.edu/careers/career-fairs/career-fairs.
Students attending the career fairs should make sure to bring plenty of copies of their resumes and to dress in business professional attire. For tips and advice on making a positive first impression at the career fair, visit Smeal’s Career Fair Prep website at http://ugstudents.smeal.psu.edu/careers/resources/career-fair-prep/ and plan to take advantage of the Mock Career Fair opportunity on Sept. 10.